Sunday, September 7, 2008

PDX, here I come!

My forthcoming 23rd birthday shall pass in Portland, Oregon, at the City of Books! My birthday cake will probably be a Voodoo Doughnut. This weekend passed mostly in preparations for the trip:
Packing

Hobbes wants to go, but he can't. He will be put up at a ritzy kitty hotel, to keep him from eating wires and starving while we are gone.

Planning


Preparing...
...a list of all the books I want. Because when you spend a whole day being distracted by the biggest selection of books you've ever seen, you're bound to forget the ones you meant to look for.

Watched kitty stick his tongue out at me...

...and sleep...


...then went to Wallingford, where you can buy Trainspotting at a children's bookstore...

...and eat cupcakes at Trophy cupcakes...

(there is, from left to right, carrot cake, cafe au lait [with a coffee bean on top], and triple chocolate)

...and on Friday, before work was over, I made a collage of pictures, to shun beige far away. Look and see if you made the wall of shame, if not, send me pictures!


No comments: